The areas of educational studies of the cloud-based learning systems
Main Article Content
The article analyzes the current stage of educational studies of the cloud-based learning systems. The relationship between the notions of the cloud-based learning system and the cloud-based learning environment are investigated. It was found that the researchers paid most attention to
the design of a cloud-based learning environment. However, in the process of a cloud-based environment design, the researchers consider a cloud-based system as a component within the cloud-based learning environment of as a stage in the process of design. It is shown that in the research literature there is no single interpretation of the concept of a cloud-based system for
educational purposes. Still the number of basic approaches to the interpretation of the concept under investigation are revealed. The first approach is based on the understanding of the system, as a set of cloud services or cloud-based technologies. The second approach is to onsider a separate clo d service as a cloud-based learning system. In this case, the cloud service tools should include such components that cover the content, the tools, the forms and the methods of learning. The structure of the cloud-based learning system within the interpretation of the latest works of Ukrainian researchers is considered.
2. Arpaci, I.: Antecedents and consequences of cloud computing adoption in education to achieve knowledge management. Computers in Human Behavior 70, 382–390 (2017). doi: 10.1016/j.chb.2017.01.024
3. Bitar, M.: An analysis of cloud based e-learning providers’ versioning strategy. Dissertation, Blekinge Institute of Technology (2017).
4. Fischer, J., Tuecke, S., Foster, I., Stewart, C. A.: Jetstream: A Distributed Cloud Infrastructure for Underresourced higher education communities. In: SCREAM ’15 Proceedings of the 1st Workshop on The Science of Cyberinfrastructure: Research, Experience, Applications and Models, Portland, Oregon, USA — June 16, 2015, pp. 53–61. ACM, New York (2015). doi: 10.1145/2753524.2753530
5. Galkina, L. S.: Metodika razvitiia IKT-kompetentnosti budushchikh ekonomistov i menedzherov sredstvami oblachnykh tekhnologii pri obuchenii distciplinam informatcionnogo tcikla (The methodology for the development of ICT competence of future economists and managers using cloud technologies in teaching the disciplines of the information cycle). Dissertation, Perm State University (2017).
6. Guti ́errez-Carre ́on, G., Daradoumis, T., Jorba, J.: Integrating Learning Services in the Cloud: An Approach that Benefits Both Systems and Learning. Journal of Educational Technology & Society, 18 (1), 145–157 (2015).
7. Huang, W., Jin, L., Sandia, I.: Using Agent Solutions and Visualization Techniques to Manage Cloud-based Education System. In: International Conference on Engineering, Technology and Applied Science (ICETA2016), Tai Pei, Tai Wan 20–22 Apr 2016, International Business Academic Consortium. WestminsterResearch. https://westminsterresearch.westminster.ac.uk/download/4e28ebe530f0e91acd90292bd000cbec0926b0def48beca232b64f4c4e2063c7/1779663/ICETA%202016.pdf (2016).
8. Kasian, S. P.: Upravlinnia dokumentoobihom u zakladakh pisliadyplomnoi pedahohichnoi osvity na osnovi khmarnykh tekhnolohii (Workflow Management institutions of postgraduate education based on cloud technology). Dissertation, University management education (2016).
9. Khomutenko, M. V.: Metodyka navchannia atomnoi i yadernoi fizyky starshoklasnykiv u khmaro zoriientovanomu navchalnomu seredovyshchi (A methodology of teaching senior students atomic and nuclear physics in a cloud oriented learning environment). Dissertation, Volodymyr Vynnychenko Central Ukrainian State Pedagogical University (2018).
10. Kiv, A., Semerikov, S., Soloviev, V., Kibalnyk, L., Danylchuk, H., Matviychuk, A.: Experimental Economics and Machine Learning for Prediction of Emergent Economy Dynamics. In: Kiv, A., Semerikov, S., Soloviev, V., Kibalnyk, L., Danylchuk, H., Matviychuk, A. (eds.) Experimental Economics and Machine Learning for Prediction of Emergent Economy Dynamics, Proceedings of the Selected Papers of the 8 th International Conference on Monitoring, Modeling & Management of Emergent Economy (M3E2 2019), Odessa, Ukraine, May 22–24, 2019. CEUR Workshop Proceedings 2422, 1–4. http://ceur-ws.org/Vol-2422/paper00.pdf (2019). Accessed 1 Aug 2019.
11. Kobayashi, T., Arai, K., Sato, H., Tanimoto, S., Kanai, A.: An application framework for smart education system based on mobile and cloud systems. IEICE Transactions on Information and Systems E100.D (10), 2399–2410 (2017). doi: 10.1587/transinf.2016OFP0001
12. Korotun, O. V.: Clouds oriented learning management system CANVAS. Pedagogical sciences: theory, history, innovative technologies 55 (1), 230–239 (2016).
13. Korotun, O. V.: Learning management system Canvas as a component cloud oriented learning environment. Science and Education a New Dimension. Pedagogy and Psychology, IV (45) (93), 30–33 (2016).
14. Korotun, O. V.: Vykorystannia khmaro oriientovanoho seredovyshcha u navchanni baz danykh maibutnikh uchyteliv informatyky (Use a cloud oriented environment to training future teachers of Information Science to master database). Dissertation, Zhytomyr Ivan Franko State University (2018).
15. Kryvonos, О. М., Korotun, O. V.: Steps of the Design of Cloud Oriented Learning Environment in the Study of Databases for Future Teachers of Informatics. Information Technologies and Learning Tools 63 (1), 130–145. doi: 10.33407/itlt.v63i1.1866
16. Lytvynova, S. H.: Teoretyko-metodychni osnovy proektuvannia khmaro-oriientovanoho navchalnoho seredovyshcha zahalnoosvitnoho navchalnoho zakladu (Theoretical and methodological bases of designing cloud-oriented learning environment educational institution). Dissertation, Institute of Information Technologies and Learning Tools of NAES of Ukraine (2016).
17. Markova, O. M., Semerikov, S. O., Striuk, A. M., Shalatska, H. M., Nechypurenko, P. P., Tron, V. V.: Implementation of cloud service models in training of future information technology specialists. In: Kiv, A. E., Soloviev, V. N. (eds.) Proceedings of the 6th Workshop on Cloud Technologies in Education (CTE 2018), Kryvyi Rih, Ukraine, December 21, 2018. CEUR Workshop Proceedings 2433, 499–515. http://ceur-ws.org/Vol-2433/paper34.pdf (2019). Accessed 10 Sep 2019.
18. Markova, O. M.: Khmarni tekhnolohii yak zasib navchannia osnov matematychnoi informatyky studentiv tekhnichnykh universytetiv (Cloud technologies as a learning tool of the foundations of mathematical informatics for students of technical universities). Dissertation, Kryvyi Rih State Pedagogical University (2018).
19. Merzlykin, O. V.: Khmarni tekhnolohii yak zasib formuvannia doslidnytskykh kompetentnostei starshoklasnykiv u protsesi profilnoho navchannia fizyky (Cloud technologies as tools of high school students’ research competencies forming in profile physics learning). Dissertation, Institute of Information Technologies and Learning Tools of NAES of Ukraine (2017).
20. Palii, S. V.: Khmarni mekhanizmy formuvannia informatsiino-orhanizatsiinoho seredovyshcha dovuzivskoi pidhotovky studentiv (Cloud mechanisms of formation of information-organizational environment of pre-university training of students). Dissertation, Kyiv National University of Building and Architecture (2014).
21. Pocatilu, P., Alecu, F., Vetrici, M.: Measuring the Efficiency of Cloud Computing for E-learning Systems. WSEAS Transactions on Computers 9 (1), 42–51 (2010).
22. Pop, D.: Machine learning and cloud computing: survey of distributed and SaaS solutions. arXiv:1603.08767 [cs.DC]. https://arxiv.org/pdf/1603.08767 (2016). Accessed 21 Mar 2018.
23. Popel, M. V.: Khmarnyi servis SageMathCloud yak zasib formuvannia profesiinykh kompetentnostei vchytelia matematyky (The cloud service SageMathCloud as a tool of mathematics teacher professional competencies formation). Dissertation, Institute of Information Technologies and Learning Tools of NAES of Ukraine (2017).
24. Rassovytska, M. V., Striuk, A. M.: The system of cloud-oriented tools of learning computer science disciplines of engineering specialties students. In: Semerikov, S. O., Shyshkina, M. P. (eds.) Proceedings of the 5th Workshop on Cloud Technologies in Education (CTE 2017), Kryvyi Rih, Ukraine, April 28, 2017. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. 2168, 20–26. http://ceur-ws.org/Vol-2168/paper4.pdf (2018). Accessed 21 Nov 2018.
25. Riahi, G.: E-learning Systems Based on Cloud Computing: A Review. Procedia Computer Science 62, 352–359 (2015). doi: 10.1016/j.procs.2015.08.415
26. S ́anchez, M., Aguilar, J., Cordero, J., Valdiviezo, P.: A smart learning environment based on cloud learning. International Journal of Advanced Information Science and Technology 39 (39), 39–52 (2015).
27. Semerikov, S. O., Teplytskyi, I. O.: Metodyka uvedennia osnov Machine learning u shkilnomu kursi informatyky (Methods of introducing the basics of Machine learning in the school course of informatics). In: Problems of informatization of the educational process in institutions of general secondary and higher education, Ukrainian scientific and practical conference, Kyiv, October 09, 2018, pp. 18–20. Vyd-vo NPU imeni M. P. Drahomanova, Kyiv (2018).
28. Semerikov, S. O.: Zastosuvannia metodiv mashynnoho navchannia u navchanni modeliuvannia maibutnikh uchyteliv khimii (The use of machine learning methods in teaching modeling future chemistry teachers). In: Starova, T. V. (ed.) Technologies of teaching chemistry at school and university, Ukrainian Scientific and Practical Internet Conference, Kryvyi Rih, November 2018, pp. 10–19. KDPU, Kryvyi Rih (2018).
29. Seytveliyeva, S. N.: Metodyka navchannia khmarnykh tekhnolohii maibutnikh inzheneriv-prohramistiv (Methods of teaching cloud future software engineers). Dissertation, Crimean Engineering and Pedagogical University (2017).
30. Shevchenko, V. G.: Oblachnye tekhnologii kak sredstvo formirovaniia IKT-kompetentnosti budushchikh uchitelei informatiki (Cloud technologies as a tools of forming ICT competence of future informatics teachers). Dissertation, Moscow Region State University (2016).
31. Shyshkina, M. P.: Teoretyko-metodychni zasady formuvannia i rozvytku khmaro oriientovanoho osvitno-naukovoho seredovyshcha vyshchoho navchalnoho zakladu (Theoretical and methodological principles of formation and development of the cloud-based educational and research environment of higher educational institution). Dissertation, Institute of Information Technologies and Learning Tools of NAES of Ukraine (2016).
32. Singh, U., Baheti, P. K.: Role and Service of Cloud Computing for Higher Education System. International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology 4 (11), 708–711. https://www.irjet.net/archives/V4/i11/IRJET-V4I11125.pdf (2017). Accessed 21 Mar 2018.
33. Skrynnik, N. V.: Metodyka navchannia ukrainskoi literatury uchniv 5–6 klasiv z vykorystanniam khmarnykh tekhnolohii (Techniques of teaching Ukrainian literature in the 5th–6th classes using cloud technologies). Dissertation, National Pedagogical Dragomanov University (2017).
34. Stupina, M. V.: Formirovanie kompetentnosti studentov v oblasti ispolzovaniia instrumentalnykh sredstv razrabotki informatcionnykh sistem s primeneniem oblachnykh tekhnologii (na primere podgotovki budushchikh bakalavrov-razrabotchikov informatcionnykh sistem) (Formation of students’ competence in the field of using tools for developing information systems using cloud technologies (by example the training of future bachelors-developers of information systems)). Dissertation, Institut upravleniia obrazovaniem Rossiiskoi akademii obrazovaniia (2018).
35. Sun, G., Cui, T., Yong, J., Shen, J., Chen, S.: MLaaS: a cloud-based system for delivering adaptive micro learning in mobile MOOC learning. IEEE Transactions on Services Computing 11 (2), 292–305 (2018). doi: 10.1109/TSC.2015.2473854
36. Tashkandi, A. N, Al-Jabri, I. M.: Cloud computing adoption by higher education institutions in Saudi Arabia: an exploratory study. Cluster Computing 18 (4), 1527–1537 (2015). doi: 10.1007/s10586-015-0490-4
37. Vakaliuk, T. A.: Cloud Oriented Model for Support of Bachelor of Informatics Training. Information Technologies and Learning Tools 56 (6), 64–76 (2016). doi: 10.33407/itlt.v56i6.1415
38. Vakaliuk, T. A.: Cloud technology in education: Textbook for students of Physics and Mathematics. ZhSU Publishing House, Zhytomyr (2016).
39. Vdovychyn, Т. J.: Vykorystannia merezhnykh tekhnolohii vidkrytykh system u navchanni maibutnikh bakalavriv informatyky (The use of network technologies of open systems in the training of future bachelors of computer science). Dissertation, Institute of Information Technologies and Learning Tools of NAES of Ukraine (2017).
40. Voloshyna, T. V.: Vykorystannia hibrydnoho khmaro oriientovanoho navchalnoho seredovyshcha dlia formuvannia samoosvitnoi kompetentnosti maibutnikh fakhivtsiv z informatsiinykh tekhnolohii (The use of a hybrid cloud-based learning environment for forming the self-education competence of future IT specialists). Dissertation, Institute of Information Technologies and Learning Tools of NAES of Ukraine (2018).