Cloud calculations within the optional course Optimization Problems for 10th–11th graders
Main Article Content
The article deals with the problem of introducing cloud calculations into 10th–11th graders’ training to solve optimization problems in the context of the STEM-education concept. After analyzing existing programmes of optional courses on optimization problems, the programme of the optional course Optimization Problems has been developed and substantiated implying solution of problems by the cloud environment CoCalc. It is a routine calculating operation and not a mathematical model that is accentuated in the programme. It allows considering more problems which are close to reality without adapting the material while training 10th–11th graders. Besides, the mathematical apparatus of the course which is partially known to students as the knowledge acquired from such mathematics sections as the theory of probability, mathematical statistics, mathematical analysis and linear algebra is enough to master the suggested course. The developed course deals with a whole class of problems of conventional optimization which vary greatly. They can be associated with designing devices and technological processes, distributing limited resources and planning business functioning as
well as with everyday problems of people. Devices, processes and situations to which a model of optimization problem is applied are called optimization problems. Optimization methods enable optimal solutions for mathematical models. The developed course is noted for building mathematical models and defining a method to be applied to finding an efficient solution.
2. Bobylyev, D. Ye., Popel, M. V.: Pidtrymka samostiinoi roboty zasobamy SageMathCloud pry navchanni kursu «Dyferentsialni rivniannia» maibutnikh vchyteliv matematyky (Support for independent students’ work by tools SageMathCloud in the learning of “Differential equations” for future mathematics teachers). New computer technology 15, 201–205 (2017).
3. Cell Towers. The PuzzlOR. http://puzzlor.com/2016-04_CellTowers.html (2016). Accessed 21 Oct 2018.
4. Markova, O., Semerikov, S., Popel, M.: CoCalc as a Learning Tool for Neural Network Simulation in the Special Course “Foundations of Mathematic Informatics”. In: Ermolayev, V., Su ́arez-Figueroa, M. C., Yakovyna, V., Kharchenko, V., Kobets, V., Kravtsov, H., Peschanenko, V., Prytula, Ya., Nikitchenko, M., Spivakovsky A. (eds.) Proceedings of the 14th International Conference on ICT in Education, Research and Industrial Applications. Integration, Harmonization and Knowledge Transfer (ICTERI, 2018), Kyiv, Ukraine, 14–17 May 2018, vol. II: Workshops. CEUR Workshop Proceedings 2104, 338–403. http://ceur-ws.org/Vol-2104/paper_204.pdf (2018). Accessed 30 Nov 2018.
5. Modlo, E. O., Semerikov, S. O.: Development of SageMath filter for Moodle. New computer technology 12, 233–243 (2014).
6. Popel, M. V., Bobyliev, D. Ye.: Dyferentsiatsiia navchannia maibutnikh vchyteliv matematyky kompleksnomu analizu zasobamy CoCalc (Differentiation of student learning to complex analysis using CoCalc). New computer technology 17, 192–200 (2019).
7. Popel, M. V.: Orhanizatsiia navchannia matematychnykh dystsyplin u SageMathCloud (Organization of teaching mathematical disciplines in SageMathCloud). Publishing Department of the Kryviy Rih National University, Kryviy Rih (2016).
8. SageMath, Inc.: CoCalc — Collaborative Calculation in the Cloud. https://cocalc.com (2019). Accessed 21 Mar 2019.
9. Semerikov, S. O., Shokaliuk, S. V.: Orhanizatsiia rozpodilenykh obchyslen zasobamy MMS Sage (The organization of distributed computing using MME Sage). Pedahohichni nauky: teoriia, istoriia, innovatsiini tekhnolohii 2 (4), 338–345 (2010).
10. Semerikov, S. O., Teplyckyj, I. O.: Mobilne matematychne seredovyshhe Sage: novi mozhlyvosti ta perspektyvy rozvytku (Mobile mathematical environment Sage: a new features and development prospects). In: Tezy dopovidej VII Vseukrainskoi naukovo-praktychnoi konferencii “Informacijni tehnologii v osviti, nauci i tehnici” (ITONT-2010). vol. 2, p. 71. Cherkaskyj derzhavnyj tehnologichnyj universytet, Cherkasy (2010).
11. Shokaliuk, S. V., Markova, O. M., Semerikov, S. O.: SageMathCloud yak zasib khmarnykh tekhnolohii kompiuterno-oriientovanoho navchannia matematychnykh ta informatychnykh dystsyplin (SageMathCloud as the Learning Tool Cloud Technologies of the Computer-Based Studying Mathematics and Informatics Disciplines). In: Soloviov, V. M. (ed.) Modeling in Education: State. Problems. Prospects, pp. 130–142. Brama, Cherkasy (2017).