Import test questions into Moodle LMS
Main Article Content
The purpose of the study is to highlight the theoretical and methodological aspects of preparing the test questions of the most common types in the form of text files for further import into learning management system (LMS) Moodle. The subject of the research is the automated filling of the Moodle LMS test database.
The objectives of the study: to analyze the import files of test questions, their advantages and disadvantages; to develop guidelines for the preparation of test questions of common types in the form of text files for further import into Moodle LMS.
The action algorithms for importing questions and instructions for submitting question files in such formats as Aiken, GIFT, Moodle XML, “True/False” questions, “Multiple Choice” (one of many and many of many), “Matching”, with an open answer — “Numerical” or “Short answer” and “Essay” are offered in this article. The formats for submitting questions, examples of its designing and developed questions were demonstrated in view mode in Moodle LMS.
2. GIFT format — MoodleDoc. https://docs.moodle.org/37/en/GIFT_format (2018). Accessed 19 Mar 2019.
3. Kolgatin, O. G.: Teoretyko-metodychni zasady proektuvannia kompiuterno oriientovanoi systemy pedahohichnoi diahnostyky maibutnikh uchyteliv pryrodnycho-matematychnykh spetsialnostei (Theoretical and methodical framework of design of computer-based pedagogical diagnostics system for future teachers of natural-mathematical specialities). Dissertation, Kharkiv National Pedagogical University named after G. S. Skovoroda (2011).
4. Moodle XML format — MoodleDocs. https://docs.moodle.org/37/en/Moodle_XML_format (2017). Accessed 19 Mar 2019.
5. Moodle_quiz_v_21.zip — Google Drive. https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_ucvZ7jt6xcZ0lNSUI1VWs3bUU (2013). Accessed 19 Mar 2019.
6. Morze, N. V., Vember, V. P., Kuzminska, O. H., Voitsekhovskyi, M. O., Protsenko, T. H.: Zbirnyk zavdan dlia derzhavnoi pidsumkovoi atestatsii z informatyky (Collection of tasks for the state final certification in informatics). Tsentr navchalno-metodychnoi literatury, Kyiv (2013).
7. Popel, M. V.: Organization of teaching mathematical disciplines in SageMathCloud. Publishing Department of the State University “Kryvyi Rih National University”, Kryvyi Rih (2015).
8. Sergienko, V. P, Franchuk, V. M.: Metodychni rekomendatsii zi stvorennia testovykh zavdan ta testiv u systemi upravlinnia navchalnymy materialamy MOODLE (Methodical recommendations for the creation of test tasks and tests in the educational materials management system MOODLE). M. P. Drahomanov NPU, Kyiv (2011).